Friday, August 10, 2012

I Want, God Wants.

I want. One of the most used phrases you will hear.

I want a new phone, I want a new game, I want a new car, a new house. I want, I want, I want. I admit, I have said it before. Everyone struggles with it. God is blessing us for a reason. I am not saying it is a bad thing to want something, but think about this, why do you want that? Do you need it? Ask a child, like this little girl, Marla, what she wants.

I want, to be fed today. I want, someone to touch me. I want, to have my diaper changed. I want someone to talk to me, hold me, tell me I am not worthless. I want someone to look at me, notice me. I want to know I won't die tomorrow. I want a mom, and a dad.

I get chills looking at her picture. Not only because she looks so badly, but she has another picture, an older one, that looks much better. She has regressed so much. You may think she is beyond therapy, and she would die anyway, so why get her? I'll tell you why. She is not beyond therapy. She is not worthless. She is a child, made specially by God. She is a living being with feelings and hurts. And I know, she would be a beautiful child if someone would look at her and give her a chance. She needs a mom. I don't want to see her on In Loving Memory, like little Margaret. She needs love.

So, I want children without families to be adopted. I want to have them never worry about food or water again. I want them to smile. I want them to get out of a crib and see the sunlight, possibly the first in years.  I want someone to step up and say: "That's My Child."

It's time to step up, and not turn a blind eye to the children who are dying. What if it was you?

2 comments:

  1. Grace I love your blog and I love your heart for orphans! We are trying to adopt a sweet girl from Eastern Europe. We also have a 12 year old daughter named Grace who has a heart for orphans. She does bake sales for some of the kids on Reeces Rainbow. I am going to show her your blog. Thanks for doing what you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete