Monday, April 23, 2012

Listening to God's Calling.

I've been watching the kids grants and praying for their families to come soon. I have so much to say, but first, an update on the kids.

Hooray for Keegan! When I made the blog yesterday, I had checked his grant (and the other's). He started with $1,189.50. Now he is at $1,240.00 as I write this. I can't wait until it goes up more!

Sarah's grant went up $90! Amazing for this little girl. I will be jumping up and down once she gets a home!

Praise God for Harper! Exactly $1905.75 is in her account that goes to her adoption!


Aleksa can't have grant money, until she gets a family. And Beau's has stayed the same. Please continue to pray for all of the kids!

Now, I've been so happy to watch God work wonders for these kids, and am so excited for when they get families! Lately, I have had a few songs in my head that work perfectly for these situations. You may or may not have heard this song by Casting Crowns.



The words go like this.

If we are the body,
Why aren't his arms reaching?
Why aren't his hands healing?
Why aren't his words teaching?
And if we are the body,
Why aren't his feet going?
Why is his love not showing them there is a way?

It's so true, and I hope you understand and listen to the whole song. Yet there is another one here that has a similar meaning. I can't put all the words up, so here's the video:

So, why is it so hard to listen to God's calling? I know at times it's hard for me, and I know I am not perfect. But I have been wondering what makes it so hard. I think we have all been trying to think that these things aren't happening, and that these kids are getting all the attention they deserve. I wish that it wasn't real so badly, and I know that we all are not going to be able to adopt a child. But, even children, teenagers, or adults that are unable to adopt, can still make a difference.

Here is one way I heard it. You own a restaurant and have the three best hamburger makers in the world. Yet, even if you have these, you are missing something. You have no waiters, waitresses, cashiers, dish washers, and so on. It's when all the people come together can the restaurant work. You see, the chefs, they are the people who adopt. They can't do it alone. They need people's support, and help. They need fundraising and much more. So, we need to understand that we can make a difference, even if we don't think so.

Prayer is Powerful,
Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment